Owning a home in Florida’s paradise means the threat of tropical storms and hurricanes as well as daily thunderstorms. Hurricane season is June 1 until November 30 with the peak of hurricane season occurring between mid-August and late October.
Following a severe weather event, Star Home Watch Services will conduct a post storm inspection at the homeowners request as soon as practical and safe to do so:
Post Storm Inspection/Checklist
- Outside visual inspection of obvious issues from ground level.
- Obvious signs of roof damage from ground level
- Downed trees that need immediate attention to mitigate further damage.
- Any signs of flooding.
- Damaged screening or obvious broken windows.
- Signs of water intrusion or puddling in the garage or home.
- Is the electricity on.
- Is the air conditioning system working if electricity is on.
- Are there ceiling stains due to roof leak(s) or signs of wind driven rain around interior windowsills and walls.