If you are a seasonal Florida resident or leave your home unattended for an extended time, there is no guarantee that a problem will not arise such as a water leak, air conditioner stops working, someone breaks into your home or an insect/pest infestation occurs. Having a neighbor or family member keep an eye on your home simply is not enough. Hiring Star Home Watch Services will put your mind at rest knowing your property is being checked regularly by conducting a thorough visual inspection looking for obvious issues.
Star Home Watch Services will provide a time/date stamped detailed report to you the day of the inspection. Included in the standard inspection/report:
- Ensure water main to the home is in off position upon arrival/completion of inspection.
- Remove and secure mail, flyers, packages and hangers from mailbox and front door.
- Perform visual inspection of roof and gutters for obvious issues/damage (ground level observation).
- Inspect interior/exterior for obvious insect infestation or pest presence.
- Check doors and windows for signs of forced entry, theft, or vandalism.
- Check for drainage issues / signs of flooding.
- Check screens and porch enclosures for tears or damage.
- Visual check of pool/spa fort obvious issues (run pump, water level, water clarity) to make sure pool is being properly maintained.
- Inspect yard and planting beds for trash, weeds and for proper maintenance.
- Secure trash cans at homeowners desired location after departure.
- Run the air conditioning and record the output temperature to check for efficiency.
- Check and record the humidity and temperature to prevent possible mold/mildew.
- Check for signs of water damage on floors and ceilings.
- Check refrigerator operation (if left on by homeowner).
- Run water in sinks, tubs, showers and flush stagnant water in toilets to ensure drains are working properly and traps stay filled.
- Check back of toilets and under sinks for leaks.
- Check circuit breaker box for any signs of a surge.
- Check hot water tank for leaks.
- Check for unusual odors.
- Check for signs of mold and mildew.
- Run garbage disposal to help prevent lock up.
Star Home Watch Services will contact and report any issues discovered and needing immediate attention to mitigate further problems to the homeowner as soon as possible. We will provide access to the home, standing by while a contractor arranged by the homeowner fixes the problem as needed.